Monday, July 28, 2008

Know Your Power 7-28-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face and listen for Your voice. ... "He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him; yet the world did not know Him. He came to what was His own, and His own people did not accept Him. But to all who received Him, who believed in His name, He gave power to become children of God, who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man but of God" (John 10:1-13). I saw where the politician holding the highest ranking position of power in our House of Representatives has written a book called, Know Your Power. I haven't read it, but the title made me think of two things. On the one hand, You have created each one of us with purpose, calling, and destiny. You gift us and inspire us, anoint us and empower us to offer ourselves and the gifts You give us to influence our world around us every day. And on the other hand, the greatest power of all is the "power to become children of God." You freely give that power to every human being. We can't earn it, can't climb a political ladder to grab it, can't fight any war to impose it, can't conjure up our own religion or philosophy to secure our right to have it. That greatest power of all comes to all who will seek You, receive You, and believe in Your name. Lord Jesus, You and my Father are One; and You come to live in me by Your Holy Spirit (John 14:23). I seek You and receive You and believe in Your name. I am a child of God through faith in You. "For in Christ Jesus, you are all children of God through faith" (Galatians 3:26). I thank You for the gift of this power, for letting me know my power to become Your child, to entrust my life to You, and allow You to live Your life through me -- all by the power of the grace of God. "And it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. Hosted in the upstairs community room of First Southern National Bank at 3060 Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington. Contact Doris at bndmccray@windstream.net All are welcome! Order our Ministry Resources at: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502