Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Heal Our Ear Infection 7-9-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me in Your paths of righteousness today. ... "From heaven He made you hear His voice to discipline you. On earth He showed you His great fire, while you heard His words coming out of the fire" (Deuteronomy 4:36). I woke up yesterday morning with my ear still hurting from an ear infection. It was sore and filled with fluid that seemed to distort my hearing. But my need brought me to my knees as I sought You for healing and freedom from this infirmity and affliction. At noon, my weekly accountability partners prayed for me. And after a day of ministry and worship in the fire of Your Holy Spirit, I noticed last night that my ear wasn't hurting and all the fluid and distortion was gone. Praise You, Lord God! Healing doesn't always seem to come and doesn't always seem to come so suddenly on this side of heaven, but I rejoice in You and thank You when it does in my life and in the lives of others. Lord, heal our ear infection as the body of Christ. Remove all the things that fill our ears to distort the sound of Your voice. Send Your holy fire to burn away and consume all that is not of You. We are Your sheep, Your sons and daughters, and we know You want us to hear Your voice and obey Your will (John 10:3). "Therefore the Holy Spirit says, 'Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, as on the day of testing in the wilderness, where your ancestors put Me to the test, though they had seen My works for forty years" (Hebrews 3:7-9). Make us more sensitive to the stirring of Your Spirit and the sound of Your voice, with ever-increasing discernment, as we hear and obey Your word. Let us be hearers and doers of Your word (James 1:22). But if we are to obediently do Your word, we must first be faithful to seek to hear Your word. So let "the ears of the deaf be unstopped" (Isaiah 35:5). "Let anyone with ears to hear, listen" to the sound of Your voice from heaven as we fulfill our destiny in Christ on earth (Mark 4:9). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays "The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry" led by Tommy Hays July 24-26, 2008 (Be equipped & empowered as a spiritual leaders for spiritual ministry -- suggested donation $75.00) CHILD CARE AVAILABLE - Please contact Marilyn Walker for detailsand for more information (859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com) NEW DATE -August 2-3, 2008 RETREAT - "The Shepherd's Pen" -- Come away to hear the Shepherd's voice and embrace His healing touch, led by Tommy Hays and Laura Beach of Messiah Ministries. Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org