Friday, August 29, 2008

Calm and Quiet My Soul 8-29-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Guide my thoughts and my heart. ... "But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul within me is like a weaned child" (Psalm 131:2). Some mornings it's easy to awake and arise and enter into to the deep place of prayer and peace in Your Presence before my day begins. Other mornings it seems like all the world is in uproar and chaos around me and I'm ready for Your to return and step into the storm and declare, "Peace! Be still!" (Mark 4:39). Either way, peace of spirit and calmness of soul is, in many ways, a simple choice. Even in the midst of chaos, I can choose to be calm. By the power of Your grace, I can choose to quiet my soul. Or I can choose to get caught up in the chaos. Lord, send Your angels to guard my morning time with You. Post them as watchmen on the wall around these first moments of my day as I choose to humble my soul, yielding my mind and will and emotions to my spirit to arise in the communion of prayer with You. There will be plenty of chaos to come in my day, plenty of swirling storms to confront in the authority of Your name. So in these first moments of my morning with You, I pray for supernatural protection so that Your supernatural peace prevails. Give me Your divine wisdom and revelation insight to set Your order in place and experience Your peace. You are the "Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). Let Your peace that surpasses all understanding guard my heart and mind as I choose to calm and quiet my soul (Philippians 4:7). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502