Monday, September 08, 2008

"Book of Remembrance" 9-8-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. It's all about You. ... "Then those who revered the Lord spoke with one another. The Lord took note and listened, and a book of remembrance was written before Him of those who revered the Lord and thought on His name" (Malachi 3:16). Lord, let my name be found in Your book of remembrance. I want to be known by You as one who sought Your face, called on Your name, revered Your word. Let me live this day as if You are taking note and listening. You are. "For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil" (Ecclesiastes 12:14). You reminded Your first disciples that our lives are an open book before You -- every thought, every word, every action. "I tell you, on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter" (Matthew 12:36). We are no different. "For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God" (Romans 14:10). And on that day when You open Your book of remembrance, when all are "judged according to their works, as recorded in the books," let my name be found in Your "book of life" (Revelation 20:12). In that moment, when all is said and done, when all is laid bare before You, when "all our righteous deeds are like a filthy cloth," my relationship with You will matter more than anything else (Isaiah 64:6). In fact, it will be the only thing that matters (Matthew 7:21-23). So keep drawing me into Your Presence each day, keep leading me to revere You and think on You, always knowing You and entrusting my life to You. Let Your record reflect my continuing choice, by Your grace, to live my life in relationship with You. I thank You now that my name will be found sealed in the eternal ink of Your blood in Your book of remembrance. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. Hosted in the upstairs community room of First Southern National Bank at 3060 Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington. Contact Doris at bndmccray@windstream.net All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources at: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org