Thursday, November 13, 2008

Suddenly, Only Jesus 11-13-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You, Lord. And I thank You for loving me. ... "Suddenly, they looked around, they saw no one with them any more, but only Jesus" (Mark 9:8). Yesterday morning about this time, Jim Butler suddenly saw no one with him any more, but only You. In the twinkling of an eye, he passed from this world to the next -- "away from the body and at home with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8). My stepfather had a good night and got up early to get ready for work like any other day, but his work on earth was done. His heart suddenly failed his body, but his spirit suddenly fled to his Lord. Now he is at perfect peace, resting in the arms of his Savior. Now his life has truly begun. What You proclaimed long ago, You proclaim throughout all eternity: "I Am the Resurrection and the Life. Those who believe in Me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die" (John 11:25-26). His heart is now healthy and whole, his spirit is now strong and alive, his now glorified body is perfectly suited and perfectly at home in the glory of heaven, immersed in the glory of God. "There are both heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly body is one thing, and that of the earthly is another.... So it is with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body" (1 Corinthians 15:40-44). Like Jim, one day I will know that blessing of suddenly seeing no one else, but "only Jesus", as I see You "face to face". In that instant of entering into the fullness of eternity, "I will know fully, even as I have been fully known" (1 Corinthians 13:12). Lord, give me grace to live my life fully every day between now and then. Let me leave nothing of my destiny undone. Let every moment count and every moment glorify You. And at the same time, I praise You now for Your steadfast love and unfailing mercy in my moments that may not. Suddenly, in the moment of the twinkling of an eye, my work on earth will be done. And You will welcome me home to heaven. I may not know whether I want to dance in the air or bow down on my face before You, but I know now what I will long to hear then: "Well done, My good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your Lord" (Matthew 25:21). What a day of rejoicing that will be. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be Encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep my mom and all the family of Jim and Ann Butler in your prayers as we gather together in Ruidoso, New Mexico over the next few days. I'll be entrusting the teaching and leading of our School of Spiritual Ministry into the hands of anointed leaders while I'm away with my mom. Please keep this in your prayers. We thrilled last night to have people from six states come join us for this School to be equipped and empowered by the Holy Spirit for spiritual ministry! Thank you and God bless you for joining with me in the journey of life and prayer, morning by morning in Christ. Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order My Book and Our Ministry Resources at www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com