Sunday, February 15, 2009

Come Up in the Morning to the Mountain of Prayer 2-14-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open Your Word and send Your Spirit to draw me up into Your Presence. … "Be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning to Mount Sinai and present yourself there to Me, on the top of the mountain. No one shall come up with you …" (Exodus 34:2-3). You called Moses up to the mountain. And You called him to come up alone. As he obeyed the leading of Your Spirit, You "descended in the cloud and stood with him there" and revealed Your name and Your nature (v. 34:5-7). In response to the glory of Your manifest Presence, "Moses quickly bowed his head toward the earth and worshipped" (v. 34:9). As he worshipped You and welcomed You into every moment of his life, You spoke to him of the things You would do and of the things You would empower him to do in the journey to come in covenant relationship with God (v. 34:10-28). As he came down from the mountain of Your Presence and into the journey of his destiny, he couldn't keep from shining from the light of Your glory "because he had been talking with God" (v. 34:29-35). For several years now, You've been drawing me up to Your mountain in these first moments of my morning. You call me to come alone, to seek Your face and listen for Your voice, to open my heart up to You in worship and lift my spirit up to You in prayer. Here in the glory of Your manifest Presence, You engage me and change me, You encourage me and empower me. And then You send me into the journey of my day on the path of my destiny in the assurance of my covenant with You. And what You desire for me, I believe You desire for each one of Your sons and daughters -- to come talk with You awhile, then go out into the world shining with the light of Your glory, having been changed a little more into Your image by spending time in Your Presence. "And all of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:18). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, you can join with me in one of the early years of my journey of prayer through my book, Morning by Morning, if you'd like to order it or our other ministry resources for prayer, healing, and spiritual formation: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain! Next Friday Night Feb. 20, on the 3rd Friday night of every month, for our ministry's city-wide gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502