Monday, February 02, 2009

"Seize the Hope" 2-2-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my Rock and my Refuge. You steady my soul and inspire my spirit. I entrust to You all that I am and all that I have. … "We who have taken refuge might be strongly encouraged to seize the hope set before us" (Hebrews 6:18). As Your Holy Spirit stirs in my human spirit to seize the hope of Your faithful promises set before me today, I hear You forming the words of new song in my heart: What hope I have in You With faith I know You'll see me through As I lift up my eyes You lift up my head And show me the way through each day Yes, Lord. Remind me of the hope I have in You. Remind me that hope is something to be seized -- to take hold of, to take captive, to make my own. Hope is not something to passively receive and accept if it happens to come my way. To hope is to actively, deliberately choose to put my faith in You, to believe in the promises of Your Word, and to passionately pursue the One who is my hope. There's nothing passive or complacent, nothing tentative or speculative, about Your call to us to seize the hope that we have in You. By the power of the grace You give each day, nothing can steal my peace or snatch away my hope -- unless I let it. And by Your grace, I will not let it; I will seize the hope You've set before me and sealed in my heart. I will lift my eyes to You. And as I lift up my eyes to You, I can't help but let You lift up my head to meet Your face. And in Your face, I will find the way through every challenge of every day. You are my way, just as You are my truth and You are my life (John 14:6). With my head held high, let Your hope arise: What hope I have in You With faith I know You'll see me through As I lift up my eyes You lift up my head And show me the way through each day In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute On-line at www.shop.messiah-ministries.org