Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Godly Correction from the Father’s Heart 8-4-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to have Your heart in all I do and don’t do, in all I am and am not, throughout the moments of my day. … “And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as children—‘My child, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, or lose heart when you are punished by Him; for the Lord disciplines those whom He loves, and chastises every child whom He accepts’…. Now discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Therefore lift your drooping ands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out joint, but rather be healed. Pursue peace with everyone, and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springs up and through it many become defiled…. Let mutual love continue…. Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls and will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with sighing—for that would be harmful to you…. Pray for us; we are sure that we have a clear conscience, desiring to act honorably in all things” (Hebrews 12:5 through 13:18). I do desire to act honorably in all things, to pursue peace with everyone, to let mutual love continue. I desire to have a clear conscience that I’m doing my best, all by Your grace, to honor You in the ways I follow You and lead others. Part of the call to spiritual leadership is to have Your Father heart in carefully confronting and correcting those entrusted to our care and aligned with our call, just as we must be ready to humbly receive that ourselves. It’s all part of loving, learning, and leading as we grow into maturity. Lord, help me learn to do this better, help me learn to do this well. Give me courage to make tough choices, gentleness when I have to say hard things, and humility when I need to hear them myself. Let me not be afraid to confront the bitter roots that defile many, nor to reset the bones that are out of joint that would make our body lame in our pursuit of holiness and peace for sake of others and ourselves. Help me speak the truth in love and hear the truth in love, respecting those entrusted to my leadership and receiving the respect You expect from them. Though so often painful at the time that troubles are addressed and roots are exposed, in its time the obedience we have to follow Your ways will yield the peaceful fruit of righteousness that can’t come forth any other way. So let mutual love continue, even the tough love that sometimes comes from the Father’s heart. Let all who know us and care anything about us pray for us all to have this heart and mind of Christ, that we would not have to continue to be broken or bound, but rather be healed and free to be all You’ve created us and called us to be. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays September 8-11, 2010 -- The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry- Level I Join us for a focused time of teaching, equipping, personal ministry, worship and impartation for healing prayer ministry led by Tommy Hays and our teaching team of experienced prayer ministers at Messiah Ministries. We will study and experience a Biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. For more information or to Register for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry: ClickHereForMoreInfoOrToRegisterFountainSchoolLevelOne or contact Marilyn Walker, DirOfMinistries@aol.com or cell 859-317-1591 Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!