Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Room to Grow in Peace 8-25-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am Yours and You are mine. We’re in this thing together, so I’m pressing in and pressing on with You, come what may. … “Answer me when I call, O God of my right! You gave me room when I was in distress. Be gracious to me, and hear my prayer…. But know that the Lord has set apart the faithful for Himself; the Lord hears when I call to Him. When you are disturbed, do not sin; ponder it on your beds, and be silent. Offer right sacrifices and put your trust in the Lord…. I will both lie down and sleep in peace; for You alone, O Lord, make me lie down in safety” (Psalm 4:1-8). When I’m in distress, You give me room to grow—room to grow in my faith and trust in You; room to grow in my willingness to look and see anything in me that needs to change; room to grow in my desperate dependence upon the only One who can ever really be my sense of safety, security, protection, and provision. You enlarge my heart. You increase my capacity to understand just how committed You are to my peace and joy even in the midst of whatever disturbs me or distresses me. My part is to keep my heart in right relationship with You. Your part is to take care of everything else. When I get that right, I can get out of the way of Your mighty but steady move, bringing my life into right alignment with Your order. I can lie down and sleep in peace. I can rest in the safety of Your security, not giving in to the sin of worry, for You have said, “Do not worry. Be anxious for nothing. Put Your trust in Me. Choose to depend upon Me to guide your thoughts and direct your desires as you seek Me and My will for your life. My plans for you are good plans, plans of a future with hope, that will bring great fulfillment to your life. Only trust Me.” Yes, Lord. “From ages past, no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who works for those who wait for Him” (Isaiah 64:4). As I wait for You, You are at work for me in ways I can’t fully hear or see. That’s why they call it faith. That’s why it requires hope. And I can only access the peace in my soul that You’re trying to grow in me as I put my whole trust in You. So by the grace that You give, I choose to continue to believe, “God will provide” (Genesis 22:8). You already have. And You always will. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays My friend, thank you for joining me in the journey of faith, trying to grow by God's grace into the person He's created me and called me to be, morning by morning, moment by moment, day by day. I pray the same for you, as we go forward in the journey together. God bless you! Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!