Monday, April 11, 2011

Delight in the Fear of the Lord - April 11

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of all I think and feel and do this day. …

“His delight shall be in the fear of the Lord” (Isaiah 11:3).

I made it to the meeting last night just in time for the end of the message and the altar call. It was an invitation to come and embrace “a baptism in the fear of the Lord.” I don’t remember ever being challenged and encouraged with that call before. And if I have, I don’t think I’ve ever received it and embraced it, and certainly never manifested it, so deeply in response to a move of Your power in my spirit, soul, and body as I experienced it last night.

But it’s part of the call to be conformed to the image of Christ (Romans 8:29).It’s part of the nature of Christ that Isaiah prophesied of the Messiah to come, Who would be filled with the seven-fold Spirit of God: “The Spirit of the Lord shall rest on Him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord” (Isaiah 11:2; Revelation 3:1). And “His delight shall be in the fear of the Lord” (Isaiah 11:3).

Lord, let that be my delight. Let my delight be to fear You—to honor You, to reverence You, to give my life completely to You. Let me be sensitive to Your convictions and eager to embrace Your corrections, having my conscience clear and my heart pure, that I don’t even desire to turn to anything less than Your will throughout the moments of my day. Let it not be something I have to strive to do or make myself perform, but something that just becomes a part of who I am.

The children of God are led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14). The sons and daughters of God are consumed by the Spirit of God—baptized in the fire of the fear of the Lord (Hebrews 12:29). We are called to pursue in our hearts “the holiness without which no one will see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14). With many on our faces at the altar of Your Presence, I believe You baptized me in that fire last night in a way I’ve never known before. Lord, keep Your holy desire and Your holy fire burning in me (Matthew 3:11). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Come to the Fountain This Friday Night! April 15th, our Messiah Ministries' monthly gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship with the family of God as one, from many different churches and traditions under the name of Jesus. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters, to be refreshed and renewed in the Presence of God, as we worship Him and welcome Him to heal us and free us in spirit, soul, and body. We meet monthly in the Chapel at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, Kentucky at 7 PM. We have various worship leaders from our area lead us in worship each month. This month, Jeff Green will be leading in worship and Linda Dulin be leading in prayer. All are welcome!

Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
Order our Resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute