Tuesday, April 12, 2011

“The Help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ” - April 12

Good morning, Lord Jesus. How I need You every hour—from the first moment to the last moment and every moment in between. …

“Yes, I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance. It is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be put to shame in any way, but that my speaking with all boldness, Christ will be exalted now as always in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, living is Christ and dying is gain” (Philippians 1:18-21).

I thank You for the prayers of my friends who lift me up to You. And I thank You for the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ at work within me, guiding me and empowering me to try to live a life that honors You. I need the power of Your grace to keep me from failing, and I need the power of Your grace to forgive me when I do.

As the choices of my life have proven so many times, I am powerless to live the life You desire for me without You. And I thank You that I never have to be without You, that You are always at work within me, forming Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, conforming my character to Your nature (John 15:4). Thank You for Your patience with me in this life-long process, with breakthroughs in the power of Your grace along the way. “For it is God Who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for His good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13).

O how I need You every hour. And O how You hear my cry and answer my prayer and the prayers of those who love me in the power of Your grace to keep me on the journey. This is my eager expectation and hope in the help of Your Spirit. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Thank you for joining with me in the journey of prayer!

Friends, please keep me in prayer this week, as I go out to the Refuge for Women to teach our School of Spiritual Ministry with their prayer team and leadership team. This is a powerful ministry dedicated to the rescue of women from the adult entertainment industry, to help them find Jesus and be equipped to live a life that honors Him in the power of His Spirit (www.RefugeForWomen.org ). And like our ministry in many places at home and abroad, Your prayers and financial support for Messiah Ministries enable us to minister to others who need our help. Freely we've received and freely we give. Please prayerfully consider partnering with us in our ministry together to those who need to know the healing love of God in Jesus Christ ( www.messiah-ministries.org ).


Come to the Fountain This Friday Night! April 15th, our Messiah Ministries' monthly gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship with the family of God as one, from many different churches and traditions under the name of Jesus. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters, to be refreshed and renewed in the Presence of God, as we worship Him and welcome Him to heal us and free us in spirit, soul, and body. We meet monthly in the Chapel at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, Kentucky at 7 PM. We have various worship leaders from our area lead us in worship each month. This month, Jeff Green will be leading in worship and Linda Dulin be leading in prayer. All are welcome!

Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
Order our Resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute