Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The City and Kingdom of Our God - August 24

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is the name above every name. May I live this day to honor Your name wherever You send me and however You lead me. ...

"By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to set out for a place that he was to receive as an inheritance; and he set out, not knowing where he was going. By faith he stayed for a time in the land he had been promised, as in a foreign land, living in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. For he looked forward to the city that has foundations, whose architect and builder is God" (Hebrews 11:8-10).


My inheritance - like Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob - is the City of God, the fullness of the Kingdom of God. This City is not built upon a foundation of bricks or stone; it's built upon the foundation of the principles of the Kingdom of God and the ever-abiding, ever-increasing Presence of the King. And in every place along the journey between here and there, I'm a foreigner and a traveler, pressing forward, looking higher for this Kingdom to come in my heart and in every dimension of my life, here on earth as it is in heaven.


My thoughts and hopes, like those of Abraham and his sons and daughters of the promises and inheritance of God, compel me to always keep seeking more - more of You, more of Your Presence, more of Your Kingdom in my life. "If they had been thinking of the land that they had left behind, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desired a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore, God is not ashamed to be called their God; indeed, He has prepared a City for them" (v. 11:15-16).


This City that I seek, this Kingdom that I desire, is not just a place I'll go when I die. It's a place in my heart that increases with every prayer and every declaration of my commitment to You - entrusting my will to Your will, my thoughts to Your thoughts, my desires to Your desires. "The Kingdom of God is not coming with things that can be observed; nor will they say, 'Look; here it is!' or 'There it is!' For, in fact, the Kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17:20-21). "For the Kingdom of God is not food and drink but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17).


So no matter what city or village I find myself, whether at home or away, I'm seeking that place You've prepared for me. No matter what nation in the earth to which You've sent me to proclaim Your name and the coming of Your Kingdom, I'm just a traveler in a foreign land, looking forward to the City to come, to the fullness of the Kingdom to come - more in my heart and my life every day. This is "the City of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. God is in the midst of it; it shall not be moved" (Psalm 46:4-5). It shall not be moved because it stands firm on the solid foundation of the principles of the Kingdom of God and in the ever-abiding, ever-increasing Presence of the King of the Kingdom in my heart by Your Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, about 1,000 pastors and leaders have come from many cities and denominations for our Pastors and Leaders Conference in Thika, Kenya for 3 days this week. Some of our team is teaching and ministering to them (Wesley Paul, Patti Patrone, Mike Gonzales, and myself) while others are engaged in commuity outreach with a free dental clinic (Dr. Gary and Ann Olsen, Jackie Seeley) and painting and restoring the Sabasaba Police Station (Jeff Bealmear and volunteers).


Later this week I'll be preaching with Wesley Paul and the other evangelists at our main Sabasaba Gospel Festival, north of Nairobi, where they are expecting 30-40,000 people over the 4 day festival. Please keep praying for us and for the people of Kenya! God bless you!


The leader of the city-wide Pastors' Fellowship in Kenol, Kenya told me they estimated that 3,000 people were there Sunday night at the closing night of the satellite Gospel Festival I've been preaching outdoors for 4 nights! On the last night a wave of people came for salvation, another wave for healing and deliverance, and another wave for the baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire with a passion to live a radical life for Jesus. Praise God! All the other evangelists in each of 5 cities preaching these Satellite Festivals on the same 4 nights were giving reports a mighty move of God's Spirit in this region! Thank you for your prayers!


Here's a short video that Dr. Wesley Paul and I made for our trip: http://www.youtube.com/embed/NMV3bUagljM Please pass it along to anyone who may be interested in joining with us in prayer or financial support. God bless you and thank you for all your encouragement and support for me and our minsitry!


While I'm away in ministry in Africa, please keep Messiah Ministries in prayer. We're needing to raise additional significant financial support right now, so we would welcome your generous support as you are led, whether on-line, by phone, or through the mail. Thank you and God bless you! We couldn't minister like this without you!


Tommy Hays

Founder, Messiah Ministries

2800 Tates Creek Rd.

Lexington, KY 40502


859-422-1794