Friday, August 19, 2011

"Go Into All the World" - August 19

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Come into my heart and into my day; rule over my life and over my ways. ...

"And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and proclaim the Good News to the whole creation. The one who believes and is baptized will be saved; but the one who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: by using My name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes in their hands, and it they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover' " (Mark 16:15-18).


You've sent me to Kenya to proclaim Your good news. And I have found a people here in the Body of Christ who are passionate in their praise and free in their worship. They are easy with their smiles and fervent in their prayers. And they care deeply about their neighbors who need to know the love of God revealed in Jesus Christ.


Last night on the first night of the Gospel Festival I'm preaching in Kenol, Kenya, north of Niarobi, a large crowd gathered at the platform we built in the Central Market. As people came from their work and their homes, the crowd began to grow as we began to worship in the heart of the city. About seventeen churches, from the various streams of the Body of Christ have come together for this satellite festival - one of five going on at the same time in five different cities in this region before our major festival next week.


It seemed most in the crowd already knew the Lord, but just across the road, in full sound and view of our gathering were the crowds of the city market places. And I spoke much of my message about the saving power of Christ and the healing love of God directly them over our loud speakers. Some would look and stare. Others would risk a glance. But all were hearing the Word of God going forth to their hearts and breaking through the spiritual barriers that are beginning to crumble and fall.


Some came forward to receive Christ in their hearts in response to the Good News. Some were set free from pain in their bodies as the Spirit of God moved among them in prayer. And with the expectant faith and fervent prayers in the power of Your name, many more will respond in the next days to come. And as Your Word goes forth in these five cities in these four days, surely Your heavens are opening wide over this region to push back the darkness and bring many souls in the Kingdom of Your Light.


Thank You, Lord, for sending me here and giving me this honor to join with this team to exalt Your name and proclaim Your Good News. Help me humble myself to hear the words You give me speak and faith to believe in the great harvest You'll bring as these words of Good News go forth in this land. Whether in person or in prayer, You send us all into all the world to share this hope that burns in our hearts. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, please keep us in prayer for these two weeks of Gospel Festival meetings north of Nairobi, Kenya, where I'm part of a team with Wesely Paul Ministries. I'll be preaching in Kenol, at one of the satellite festivals for the next 3 nights, then teaching at a Pastor and Leaders Conference, then with the preaching team for the main festival at Sabasaba, Kenya. Here's a short video that Wesley and I made for our trip: http://www.youtube.com/embed/NMV3bUagljM Please pass it along to anyone who may be interested in joining with us in prayer or financial support. God bless you and thank you for all your encouragement and support for me and our minsitry!



While I'm away in ministry, please keep Messiah Ministries in prayer. We're needing to raise additional significant fainancial support right now, so we would welcome your generous support as you are led. Thank you and God bless you!


Tommy Hays

Founder, Messiah Ministries

2800 Tates Creek Rd.

Lexington, KY 40502