Monday, August 15, 2011

Malleable - August 15

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I entrust to You my spirit, soul, and body. I want all of You to fill all of me, every dimension of Your Being filling every dimension of my being - this day and every day. ...

"Now the Lord spoke to Abram, 'Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to a land that I will show you. I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing..." (Genesis 12:1-3).


The father of faith trusted You with all his heart, though he was as human as all of us in the wrestlings of his heart. But a faithful heart is a believing heart - choosing to believe that You know the best for us, choosing to believe that You want the best for us, and choosing to believe that You will reveal Your will for us in the journey of our faith. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14).


Abraham's heart was tender to Your leading and malleable to Your shaping. He was willing to venture forward, adapt to his changing circumstances, as he did his best to follow You. He obeyed You because he trusted you. And as he trusted You and obeyed You, You kept leading him and changing him in the journey. Sometimes You led him to take simple, steady steps in the everyday choices of his life. And sometimes You led him to get up and go to faraway places into unknown circumstances, where his faith would be tested in his choice to go and every choice after that along the way. At times he was tempted to take matters into his own hands with this his own wisdom, but attitude of his heart and the perspective of his spirit became the banner over his life, "Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness" (Romans 4:3).


Lord, give me a believing heart. Give me the faith of Abraham. Make my heart tender and malleable, as You fashion my faith to be strong in You. Whether life changing or simply life extending, let every choice I make in the journey of my faith be made by the leading of Your Spirit. I'm one of the children of Abraham and one of the children of God, doing my best by Your grace to walk in the way that leads to life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.



Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I'm excited to be going to Kenya tomorrow! Please let us know if you would like to be on our Intercessory Prayer Team for my ministry trip to Kenya August 16-31: PrayerLead@aol.com Our evangelistic preaching and ministry team is very excited and expectant for all God will do! I'll be preaching at two major Gospel Festivals, where 30-40,000 are expected to come, and also teaching at two conferences for pastors and leaders wth Wesley Paul Ministries. Here's a short video that Wesley and I made for our trip: http://www.youtube.com/embed/NMV3bUagljM Please pass it along to anyone who may be interested in joining with us in prayer or financial support. God bless you and thank you for all your encouragement and support for me and our minsitry!


Tommy Hays

Founder, Messiah Ministries

2800 Tates Creek Rd.

Lexington, KY 40502