Friday, August 12, 2011

House on the Rock - August 12

Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords, be King of my heart and Lord of my life this day and every day. ...

"Everyone then who hears these words of Mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on rock. And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell - and great was its fall!" (Matthew 7:24-27).


My friend Sylvia is a financial advisor who's radical in her obedience to Your voice and conservative in her advice to her clients, grounded in the leading of Your Spirit. And though the markets rise and fall like waves crashing against the rocks and sand in these past weeks, her clients' investments have been secure and even prospered. She only invests in Christian companies, operating with Christian values, where the present leadership tithes into the Kingdom of God.


It seems in these days You are beginning to shake all that can be shaken so that only what can't be shaken remains (Hebrews 12:27). It seems You are beginning to make a more clear distinction between the ways of the world and the ways of God, between worldly success by the spirit of greed and mammon and the advance of the Kingdom of God by the Spirit of God. As your Word decrees and declares: "My Spirit abides among you; do not fear. For thus says the Lord of hosts: Once again, in a little while, I will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land; and I will shake all the nations, so that the treasure of all nations shall come, and I will fill this house with splendor, says the Lord of hosts" (Haggai 2:5-7).


Lord, give me a heart that trusts in You, in faith believing that You are my Rock and Refuge, steadfast and true through all we endure. My treasure is in You, and my faith is my wealth. Guide my thoughts to make wise choices each day, grounded in the leading of Your Spirit and built upon the solid rock of the Word of God and the principles of the Kingdom of God. Let me set my hope "on God Who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. (I am) to do good, to be rich in good works, generous, and ready to share, thus storing up for (myself) the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that (I) may take hold of the life that really is life" (1 Timothy 6:17-19). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, please let us know if you would like to be on our Intercessory Prayer Team for my ministry trip to Kenya August 16-31: PrayerLead@aol.com Our evangelistic preaching and ministry team is very excited and expectant for all God will do! I'll be preaching at two major Gospel Festivals, where 30-40,000 are expected to come, and also teaching at two conferences for pastors and leaders wth Wesley Paul Ministries. Here's a short video that Wesley and I made for our trip: http://www.youtube.com/embed/NMV3bUagljM Please pass it along to anyone who may be interested in joining with us in prayer or financial support. God bless you!


Tommy Hays

Founder, Messiah Ministries

2800 Tates Creek Rd.

Lexington, KY 40502