Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Higher Thoughts - July 10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I rest in You and awaken in You. ...

I rest in You and awaken in You

I fear You and love You

I'm lost to this world and found in You

I'm dead to myself and alive in You

You are my Answer and Wisdom

You are my All in All ...


Thank You, Lord, for these words You are writing in my spirit this morning. Help me think more like You think and see myself more like You see me. Your precepts and principles just seem like paradoxes and puns to the wise of this world, but they are keys of the Kingdom of God. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).


I don't want to have the mind of the world; I want to have "the mind of Christ" (1 Corinthians 2:16). I want to "be transformed by the renewing of (my) mind" (Romans 12:2). I want to have Your higher thoughts.


How I think-how I think of myself, how I think of You, how I think of my place in Your world, and how I think of Your place in my life-determine, in large part, who I am and who I am growing up to be. Spiritual maturity has a lot to do with Spiritual thinking and believing. "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 3:7, NKJ). "According to your faith let it be done to you" (Matthew 9:29).


So by the power of Your grace, put Your thoughts in my thoughts and change how I think to how You think. I open my mind to Your words and open my heart to Your ways. Change me and make me more like You each day. Your Word invites me and challenges me to "have this same mind in (me) that as in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:5). Let this become my way of thinking and believing. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, Sylvia and I, along with a teaching and prayer ministry team, will be speaking at a Spiritul Retreat this week for Korean-American and International Youth at Country Lake Christian Retreat near Lexington, Indiana, (Youth United Spiritual Retreat). Please keep us in your prayers for an outpouring of the Lord's power and love!


Also please pray for all our friends at the annual Aldersgate Conference this week in Charleston, WV on Spirit-filled Life and Ministry. Wish we could somehow be there too! It's my favorite spiritual renewal gathering every summer, hosted by Aldersgate Renewal Ministries (Aldersgate 2012 Holy Spirit Conference).


Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!

Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries

Healing from the Inside Out