Monday, May 06, 2013


Morning by Morning, May 6 - No Return, No Surrender, No Retreat

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let Your name be on my lips and Your nature be in my heart.  ...

"The priests who bore the ark remained standing in the middle of the Jordan, until everything was finished that the Lord commanded Joshua to tell the people, according to all that Moses had commanded Joshua. The people came over in haste.... About forty thousand armed for war crossed over before the Lord to the plains of Jericho for battle.... When the priests bearing the ark of the covenant of the Lord came up from the middle of the Jordan and the soles of the priests' feet touched dry ground, the waters of the Jordan returned to their place and overflowed all its banks, as before" (Joshua 4:10-18).

Once Your people crossed over the Jordan, there was no return and no retreat from the battle before them. You brought them out of their wilderness and into their inheritance, intending for them to never go back after crossing over.

They were "armed for war." And the ark of Your Presence and Your promises was with them. As You caused the waters of the Jordan to flow and flood again behind them, You expressed Your heart to encourage theirs' that You intended no return, no surrender, and no retreat before the enemies of their inheritance in the land You'd given them.

Lord, prepare me for the battles I'll face as You lead me forward to secure the promises of my inheritance. By the power of Your grace, I will not fear, for You are with me (Isaiah 43:5). By the power of Your grace, I will not look back, not turn back, and not hold back. As You said, "No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the Kingdom of God" (Luke 9:62). In my heart let there be no return, no surrender, and no retreat. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit would stir in your spirit with a passion for Christ and the advance of His Kingdom with the grace to never return, never surrender, and never retreat. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!   

I believe we can only win the battles we face on the outside as we are winning the battles we face on the inside. This is the message of my CD series on Spiritual Warfare -- Fighting the Good Fight of the Faith, recorded live at Christ for the Nations in Dallas. And this is the message of my DVD series from the Mens' Retreat -- Free to Be Like Jesus, recorded live at a Men's Retreat in Georgia. You can order these resources and others on prayer, healing, spiritual warfare, and preparing the Body and Bride of Christ for the Coming of the Lord atwww.messiah-ministries.org 

We'll be continuing our Level 2 School of Ministry being hosted at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio tonight and then beginning our Level 1 School over two weekends in June. Please let us know if you'd like to come join us. DVD's and CD'sare available on the web site from prior Messiah Ministries' Schools if you're not able to join us (www.messiah-ministries.org).

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257