Wednesday, July 10, 2013


Morning by Morning, July 10 - "Whatever You Ask in My Name"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, sanctify my spirit, soul, and body. Make me whole, set me free, and fill me up, as I entrust my life and this day to You.  ...

"I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If in My name you ask Me for anything, I will do it" (John 14:5).

To be willing to ask is to be willing to humble myself to admit I need You. Humility is to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon God alone. And Your invitation to ask is Your invitation to admit I'm not yet all I am to be and I don't yet have all I need to have, but You are the Source and Provision of all I'll ever be and all I'll ever need. You are my "all in all" (1 Corinthians 15:28).

When I ask in Your name and You answer in Your power, "the Father is glorified in the Son." Answered prayer in the name of Jesus honors God and humbles me.

Lord God, my Daddy Abba, my Father God, I want to honor You today (Romans 8:15). Help me pray in Your way in the power of Your name with the faith and confidence of a child of God. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14).  Lead me by Your Spirit to ask of You in prayer according to the authority of Your name and the nature of Your will. "For we don't know how to pray as we ought," but You invite me to humble myself to be led by Your Spirit to pray "according to the will of God" (Romans 8:26-27).

When when I ask in prayer and You answer in power, Your kingdom comes, Your will is done, on earth as it is in heaven. Then my God is glorified by my prayer. That's my desire, because I believe that's Your desire. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you be led by the Spirit of God as a child of God, in both humility and faith, to ask in prayer and receive by power in the name of Jesus to the glory of our Father. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!