Thursday, April 10, 2014

Morning by Morning, April 10 - Flourish and Thrive

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face and listen for Your voice, as I deliberately begin my day with You, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...

"I will be like the dew to Israel; he shall blossom like the lily, he shall strike root like the forests of Lebanon. His shoots shall spread out; his beauty shall be like the olive tree, and his fragrance like that of Lebanon. They shall again live beneath My shadow, they shall flourish as a garden; they shall blossom like the vine, their fragrance shall be like the wine of Lebanon" (Hosea 14:5-7).

When we return to You with all our heart, You overwhelm us with Your goodness, You remind us of our identity, and You restore us into our destiny. When we're once again rooted and grounded in our intimate relationship with You, when we embrace the grace of Your unfailing love, we flourish.

No matter how far we've fallen, no matter how far we've run, You're always longing to renew us and remind us of Your good plans and Your perfect purposes for our lives. We were never meant to wither up and die or shrivel up and merely survive; we were created to flourish and thrive. So You even use the seasons of wilderness away from Your will to make us hungry again to hear Your voice and find Your will, trusting again in Your redeeming love (v. 2:14).

When we listen for Your voice and seek to follow the leading of Your Spirit, as best as we can and all by Your grace, we blossom and bloom. Planted in Your love, surrounded by Your mercy, we release the fragrance of Christ -- a pleasing aroma to our God and to those You're drawing to Yourself through the story of our lives (2 Corinthians 2:15-16). Lord, let me flourish and thrive in Your will for my life today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you flourish and thrive in the will of God for your life. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue