Friday, April 11, 2014

Morning by Morning, April 11 - "The Days Drew Near"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the heart and lead me in the way that leads to the fullness of life in You today.  ...

"When the days drew near for Him to be taken up, He set His face to go to Jerusalem" (Luke 9:51).

You knew in Your heart when it was time. It was time to fulfill that for which You were born. You knew Your identity and You were determined to fulfill Your destiny. As the days drew near, Your vision was clear.

Your journey that began in the humility of the likeness of human flesh and blood in Bethlehem would come to an end in Jerusalem. The innocent Child of Mary and Joseph would be the Lamb of God who would take away the sins of the world, taken up on a cross before You'd be taken up to Heaven.

Now each one of us, as Your faithful disciples being conformed to Your image are on our journey to our cross. Your calling is the same to embrace our identity and fulfill our destiny:  "If any want to become My followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for My sake will save it" (Luke 9:23-24).

Holy Spirit of the Living God, move in my heart every day to set my face to follow Jesus. Give me the courage to take up my cross every day and follow Him wherever He leads. May the life I live be lived in the faith of the Son of God, doing the will of my Father in Heaven.

This is my identity and destiny -- I'm a child of God, being conformed into the image of God, as I seek to live out the will of God on my journey through this world following Jesus, as best as I can and all by Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may the Holy Spirit of the Living God move in your heart every day to set your face to follow Jesus. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, please keep us in prayer this weekend as we lead a retreat for one of our prayer ministry teams of Rapha God Ministries at the lake. We meet with each of our four teams to be encouraged and refreshed by the Spirit of God in a time away together. I pray the same for you, as the Lord encourages you and refreshes you to fulfill your calling and your destiny in Christ. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue