Friday, November 14, 2014

Morning by Morning, November 14 - "Listen from Your Heart"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I entrust this day into Your hands and my life into Your will.  ...

"Morning by morning He wakens -- wakens my ear to listen as those who are taught" (Isaiah 50:4).

I'm listening, Lord. Teach me Your truth; lead me in Your ways. ...

As I watch and wait and listen, it seems I hear You singing a simple song to my heart:

Listen from your heart
I will tell you who you are
Listen for My voice
Come away from all the noise
Wait awhile with Me
And I will show you who I Am

Set aside this time
Seek Me and you will find
I've been waiting here for you
Longing to speak with you
Wait awhile with Me
And I will show you who I Am

Yes, Lord. As I wait upon You this morning, its seems You're revealing to me a dimension of Your gentleness. Waiting in Your Presence, I don't feel anxious; I don't feel hurried. I feel at peace in Your embrace. Though I have much to do, all of that can wait a little while, while I wait awhile with You.

Now Your Spirit is bringing Your Words for this Scripture to mind:  "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light" (Matthew 11:20-30).

Yes, Lord. I take Your yoke upon me. I seek to learn from You and Your ways. Thank You for this gift of waiting awhile with You in these first moments of my day in the gentleness and peace of Your embrace. Now I can rise and go about my day knowing I gave You my best part. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will hear the voice of God as you set aside time to watch and wait and listen for Him. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Breakthrough Prayer Conference! For my friends in the Houston, Texas area, please come join us this weekend, Nov 15-16, at Bear Creek United Methodist Church where I'll be teaching on Healing Prayer Ministry Saturday and Sunday and preaching all three services Sunday morning. All are welcome.


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!