Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Morning by Morning, September 19 - "I Shall Not Be Moved"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You're One with the Father, One with the Holy Spirit. Be One within me today, as I entrust my life completely to You -- as best as I can and all by Your grace.  ...
 
"I keep the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices; my body also rests secure" (Psalm 16:8-9).
 
Always before me, always encouraging me, strengthening me, inspiring me, and empowering me. You are Emmanuel -- the God who is always with me (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23). And by the abiding Presence of Your Holy Spirit, You're always here within me (Romans 8:9).
 
That's why my heart is glad and my soul rejoices. That why I don't lose heart and my hope doesn't fail. There's nothing I'll ever face that You've not already faced and nothing I'll ever endure that You've not already endured -- all on my behalf, all because You're for me, all because You love me. "Let us hold fast to our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have One who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin" (Hebrews 4:14-15).
 
Because You're immovable, I can be immovable in You. Because You're unshakeable, I can be unshakable in You. That gives me hope. And that steadies my soul and gives me peace, as live out my journey of faith "looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of (my) faith" (Hebrews 12:2).
 
With You always before me and Your Spirit always within me, I shall not be moved. "(I) shall be like a tree planted by water, sending out its roots by the stream. (I) shall not fear when heat comes, and (my) leaves shall stay green; in the year of drought (I am) not anxious, and (I) do not cease to bear fruit" -- all in the power of Your grace (Jeremiah 17:8). That encourages my heart. That makes my soul rejoice and allows my body to rest secure, with my hope and faith secure in You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will not be moved, being firm and steadfast in your faith, even flourishing through whatever you endure, with the Lord Jesus ever before, with our heavenly Father always embracing you, and His Holy Spirit always filling you, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!

 

Friends, Rocio and I will be traveling today for a destination wedding in Cancun for my stepson Ray and his beautiful bride, Clarissa. I'm so honored to be the officiating minister. Please keep us in prayer for a wonderful wedding and time away with family this week. Depending on our schedule, my morning devotionals may not be as regular the rest of this week. God bless you and thank you for joining with me in this journey of prayer!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!