Thursday, September 07, 2017

Morning by Morning, September 7 - Hearts Filled with Faith, Mouths Filled with Praise Through It All
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Make me more like You today.  ...
 
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
 
This morning when I looked to see what happened last night with Hurricane Irma, marching through the Caribbean on its way to Florida, the first thing I saw was the proclamation of prayer and praise from the Governor of Puerto Rico, Ricardo Rossello. He was boldly declaring to the world for all to hear, "We would like to start out thanking the Almighty! Our prayers were answered!" The storms came but Your people were not overcome.
 
Yes, Lord! Praise You, Lord! In the midst of the storm, we join with all who are choosing to keep turning to You and calling on Your name to be our Hope and Help through whatever comes -- rejoicing always, praying without ceasing, giving thanks to the Almighty in all circumstances. This steadfast spirit of unquenchable hope and persevering faith is "the will of God in Christ Jesus" for all who trust You to be with us through it all (v. 18).
 
This is the buoyant hope, bound together with fearless faith, that inspires us and empowers us to overcome no matter what challenges we face in this broken, fallen world that's not yet redeemed and restored. As You said, "In this world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world!" (John 16:33 NKJV)  
 
Just as Your Word reminds us, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I Am the Lord your God.... You are precious in My sight, and honored, and I love you" (Isaiah 43:1-4). May Your Spirit keep filling our hearts with faith and our mouths with praise, thanking You for being with us through whatever comes and all You empower us to overcome. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray that by the power of God's grace your heart is filled with faith and your mouth is filled with praise through every storm you ever endure -- rejoicing always, praying without ceasing, giving thanks in every circumstance, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, I'm joining with you in the agreement of prayer for all who are recovering from Hurricane Harvey and facing Hurricane Irma for God's protection and provision, and that His love and grace may be evident to all through His people who are there to pray and to help as the heart and hands of Jesus Christ. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!