Friday, September 29, 2017

Morning by Morning, September 29 - "Treasures in Heaven"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart to guide my steps along my journey of faith in You today.  ...
 
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consume and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will also" (Matthew 6:29-21).
 
My heart will be in the right place when my treasure is in the right place. What I treasure most is what get's the most of me -- my time, my attention, my resources, my passion. And You said my treasures should be in heaven.
 
Lord, what are "treasures in heaven?"  ...
 
It seems I hear You speaking in my spirit, "Treasures in heaven are the things that are treasured most in the kingdom of heaven. They are not treasures of silver or gold or diamonds or rubies. They are treasures of humility and faith, obedience and love, kindness and joy. They are treasures of all I treasure most in your heart as you allow Me to form My heart in you. For the kingdom of heaven is within you, and My desire is to see the treasures in heaven become My treasures in you."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. Grow these treasures in me. Store them up in me. Give me the grace to grow and embrace humility and faith, obedience and love, kindness and joy, and everything else that You long see maturing in me. Let this be my treasure and let this be my heart. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



May you treasure what Jesus treasures, and may His treasure grow in you every day, as you keep growing in Him, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!