Monday, September 16, 2019

Morning by Morning, September 16 - We Can Walk with God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I thank You that Your heavens are always opened over me and Your Spirit is always here within me. ...
 
"Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him" (Genesis 5:24).
 
Enoch was a man of flesh and blood like me. Yet there was something about his deeply personal relationship with You that allowed him to transcend barriers of this earthly realm. Your Word says Enoch "was known as a person who pleased God" and that "it was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without dying" (Hebrews 12:5 NLT).
 
I think there's more to the story and more of a point to the story than the fact that somebody left this earth without ever dying a physical death. I believe there's also something here about drawing us into a deeper intimacy with You in trusting faith and a daily spiritual journey that opens the heavens to us. 
 
Enoch was "under the Old Covenant" (Hebrews 10:11). "But Jesus has now obtained a more excellent ministry, and to that degree He is the mediator of a better Covenant, which has been enacted through better promises" (Hebrews 8:6). Now, not only can we walk with You, we can abide with You as You abide with us (John 15:4). Now, our hearts can be Your home and our spirits can live in constant communion with Your Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19; Romans 8:9). "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). These better promises are part of "the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27).
 
In that sense, I don't need to be longing for something Enoch had. Instead, I should be celebrating every day, gratefully thankful to You every day for the depth of intimacy and communion we can have in You today which is infinitely greater than anything Enoch could even ask or imagine. Through the New Covenant in Your blood, "God, who is rich in mercy, out of the great love with which He loved us even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ -- by grace (we) have been saved -- and raised us up together with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:4-6). 
 
Enoch had to wait three hundred and sixty-five years to be taken up into the heavenly realm, but I can be taken up with You right now! (Genesis 5:23) In a sense -- in the spiritual realm of Your heavenly, eternal dimension -- I'm already taken up, I'm already seated with You, I'm already eternally in Your presence, as I abide in You and You abide in me (John 15:4; Ephesians 2:4-6). In that sense, I'm already dead to this world and fully alive in You. "May I never boast of anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world" (Galatians 6:14). "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. The life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:18).
 
Lord, give me grace to grow into this depth of intimacy with You You've made possible for me. Teach me how to come up higher, to live up higher, to believe that You've already taken me up higher so that I can daily live from that heavenly place up higher in You. "O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God!" (Romans 11:33) I'll spend a lifetime, even all eternity growing into the fullness of Your grace and all You've done for me in Your love! But for today, I'm choosing to "walk with God" in Your heavenly realm as best as I can and all by Your grace. Like Enoch, may I be known as one who pleases You and walks with You by faith. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you walk with God by faith in the heavenly realm of intimacy and communion with Him every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
   
My friend , Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer, seeking to grow in intimacy with God and the character of Christ. Thank you to all those who join with me in support and prayer of this ministry of helping people experience and encounter the Living God through intimate prayer and transformational ministry of healing and freedom in Christ -- "healing from the inside out" of "spirit and soul and body." God bless you!

 
For Speaking Engagement, Spiritual Retreats, Seminars, and Conferences, please contact me at tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org
God bless!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!