Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Morning by Morning, September 3 - "Surpassing Value" of Knowing Jesus
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call on Your name and listen for Your voice to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit. ...
 
"Yet whatever gains I had, these I have come to regard as loss because of Christ. More than that, I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.... I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the sharing of His sufferings by becoming like Him in His death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own" (Philippians 3:7-12).
 
Lord Jesus, is knowing You the "surpassing value" in my life? Is it true in my heart that "everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord" to "become one with (You)" (Philippians 3:8-9 NLT)? ...
 
Or do I value other things more? Do I think somewhere down in my heart that I'm even supposed to value other things more in a more practical and responsible sense -- marriage, family, ministry, identity, destiny, security? What does it mean to value You more, even while I value such other vitally important, significant things so highly but not more highly than You? ...
 
As I listen for Your leading, it seems I hear You saying in my heart, "Seek first the kingdom of God and My righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. To seek Me first is to set Me as the priority of your life. Seek Me first in your morning prayer and worship. Seek Me first when you seek wisdom and guidance for your day. Seek Me first when you seek a standard to direct your choices. Seek Me first when you desperately depend upon Me alone to be your Source of security, identity, provision, guidance, and power. Seek Me first as you surrender to the work of My Spirit to fill you and change you to make you more like Me every day. Let seeking Me, seeking to know Me, be at the heart of all you are and all you do." ...
 
Yes, Lord. Let it be so. Set my heart right. Set my mind right. Set my priorities right. Set my perspective right. May knowing You be the surpassing value, the driving force, the defining dream, and the highest goal of my life. Let it be more than words, more than sound doctrine and Biblical theology. Let knowing You be the passion of my life! By the power of Your grace at work within me, "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus!" (Philippians 3:14). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you grow in your passion to know Jesus as the surpassing value of your life, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

        

Our School of Ministry Starts This Week!

Our Level 1 School of Ministry is a comprehensive Prayer Ministry training based on God's Word, designed to inform and provide a Biblical foundation for inner healing and freedom prayer in a casual learning environment. Topics include Biblical Principles of Inner Healing -- "Healing from the Inside Out," Spiritual Gifts, and Potential Barriers to Healing, as well as a brief overview of Inner Healing and Personal Prayer tools. The training includes six, three hour evening sessions over the course of three weeks in the early Fall.


 

Thank you for joining with me on this journey of prayer -- Morning by Morning! God bless you!

 



   
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!