Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Morning by Morning, September 17 - Inheriting the Promises through Both Faith and Patience
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take hold of my heart and lead me by the Your Spirit on our adventure of faith today. ...
 
"Beloved, we are confident of better things in your case, things that belong to salvation. For God is not unjust; He will not overlook your work and the love that you showed for His sake in serving the saints, as you still do. And we want each of you to show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope to the very end, so that you may not become sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises" (Hebrews 6:9-12).
 
Through both faith and patience, we inherit the promises of God. Through both faith and patience, we keep diligently showing love and serving You. It's not just faith. It's not just patience. It's through both faith and patience.
 
Faith empowers us to believe. Patience empowers us to persevere. And both faith and patience have to come from You. My faith is a gift of God (Ephesians 2:8) and so is my patience (Galatians 5:22). Apart from the faith You give me, I can't believe. Apart from the patience You give me, I can't persevere. So as it turns out, I'm desperately dependent upon You. "Apart from (You), (I) can do nothing" (John 15:5). And that's really what humility is all about -- coming to the place and perspective in my heart and soul that I willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You (James 4:6-10).
 
Yet there's often a struggle between my faith and my patience. My faith wants to take hold of my promises right now. They are Yes and Amen. No more waiting. No more blockages. No more delays. And at the same time, my patience reminds me to wait for it, to see it through, to hold fast, to keep on asking, to keep on seeking, to keep on knocking. As it turns out, I need both faith and patience to inherit Your promises -- not just faith, not just patience, but both faith and patience.
 
O Lord, I believe; help my unbelief. O Lord, I'm patient; help my impatience. As You know, I need more -- much more -- of both faith and patience.
 
You're a good Father. And a good Father loves to give good gifts to His children. I may not like the circumstances I go through on my journey of development of my faith or my patience, but I know You'll go with me on my journey. And I know one day I'll look back and say it was worth it all. Just give me a little more faith and a little more patience to believe and persevere today for all You've promised I'll inherit in the days to come. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you inherit all the promises of God, as He empowers you with both faith and patience to believe and perseverance into all He has for you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
   
My friend, Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer, seeking to grow in intimacy with God and the character of Christ. Thank you to all those who join with me in support and prayer of this ministry of helping people experience and encounter the Living God through intimate prayer and transformational ministry of healing and freedom in Christ -- "healing from the inside out" of "spirit and soul and body." God bless you!

 
For Speaking Engagements, Spiritual Retreats, Seminars, and Conferences, please contact me at tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org
God bless!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!