Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Morning by Morning, September 24, 2024 - “Looking unto Jesus”

 

Morning by Morning, September 24, 2024 - “Looking unto Jesus”

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I turn my eyes upon You in my spirit to begin me day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...

 

“Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:1-2).

 

Show me how go about my day “looking unto Jesus.” ...

 

As I wait and listen, these words come to my heart:

 

“To look unto Me is to set Me before you in every situation, in every encounter along the steps of your day. Be consciously aware of My Presence, for I am with you always. Deliberately, intentionally let Me put My thoughts in your mind and My desires in your heart, that you may act in My nature that comes from the character of My heart.” ...

 

Yes, Lord. I desire “the mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:16).

 

I know You formed Your mind in my mind the moment I was saved and became “a new creation,” that “all things have become new” in You (2 Corinthians 5:17). In that way, “we might become the righteousness of God in (You)” (2 Corinthians 5:21). But at the same time, my old way of thinking still tries to come into the thoughts of my mind and the desires of my heart.

 

So I need You and the mercy and power of Your grace to be at work within me, giving me Your thoughts and Your desires as I deliberately, intentionally seek You and set You before me--now and throughout the moments of my day, as best as I can and all by Your grace--“looking unto Jesus.” In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be filled with the grace of God empowering you to deliberately, intentionally go about your day "looking unto Jesus," in Jesus' name, Amen. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!


Click Here to Listen to Today's Prayer:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/2375760


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

502 North Milam Street

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org


My Books on Inner Healing, Spiritual Freedom and Spiritual Intimacy with God are Available on Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


“Setting hearts free to be all they were created to be

—Free to Be Like Jesus—

secure in their identity, growing in maturity, fulfilling their destiny"

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


Every Tuesday Night

Teaching my 9 Month Equipping Course Free to Be Like Jesus! at Bridge Church Fredericksburg, Texas. 6:00PM Central Time

Zoom link available by request to my email.

Based on My Book, Free to Be Like Jesus:

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

October 2

New Wine Worship. Our Monthly Gathering for Worship, Praise in the Freedom and Depth of the Holy Spirit at our Messiah Ministries home base in Fredericksburg, Texas. All are welcome. 1st Wednesday of Every Month at 7pm.


October 3

Speaking at Boerne, Texas Aglow Lighthouse Meeting. All are Welcome.


October 11

Preaching Fire on the Mountain! Revival Fire Meeting at The Empty Cross of The Coming King Prayer Garden in Kerrville, Texas. 7:00PM All are Welcome! Spread the word!

This will be the culmination night of the 10 Days of Prayer for the 10 Days of Awe Movement in Kerrville and Boerne, Texas


October 17

Speaking at San Antonio Evening Aglow Meeting hosted at Friendship Church 7pm. All are welcome!


November 2

Family Celebration for my wife Rocio's 60th Birthday!


November 5-12

Ministry Trip to Cali, Colombia for Revival Meetings Again


November 22-24

Teaching a Healing Academy at FUMC McMinnville, Tennessee


December 7

Speaking at Kerrville Aglow Christmas Gathering


December 19

10th Wedding Anniversary for Tommy & Rocio Hays!


December 21

Wedding Celebration of Elijah & Ashleigh Hays in Maysville, Kentucky



Wednesday Mornings

Leading Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups of MorningStar Ministries from around the world by appointment.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment.

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 Sessions are without set cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free! 

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays