Thursday, September 26, 2024

Morning by Morning, September 26, 2024 - “I Will Lift Up My Eyes to the Hills”

 

Morning by Morning, September 26, 2024 - “I Will Lift Up My Eyes to the Hills”

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let the Light of Your Glory arise in my heart today. ...

 

We’re blessed to live in what’s called “the Texas Hill Country” out west of Austin and northwest of San Antonio in a little community along the Pedernales River Valley called Fredericksburg. There are no mountains here, but there are hills and valleys. And they make for spectacular views at sunrise and sunset. This morning, I was just taking in the view and remembering Your Word of looking up to the hills, and personalizing it to myself:

 

“I will lift up my eyes to the hills—

From whence comes my help?

My help comes from the Lord,

Who made heaven and earth.

He will not allow (my) foot to be moved;

He who keeps (me) will not slumber.

Behold, He who keeps (me)

Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is (me) keeper;

The Lord is (my) shade at (my) right hand.

The sun shall not strike (me) by day,

Nor the moon by night.

The Lord shall preserve (me) from all evil;

He shall preserve (my) soul.

The Lord shall preserve (my) going out and (my) coming in

From this time forth, and even forevermore” (Psalm 121:1-8).

 

Yes, Lord. “I will lift up my eyes to the hills.” ...

 

You are my Helper and my Keeper, the Maker of heaven and earth and in the middle of every moment of my day. I lift up my eyes to “the hills” which speak of Your Presence--high in the earth, high in my heart, high above all that would weigh me down or hold me back from all You’ve created me to be and all You have for me today.

 

Your Spirit brings to mind another invitation from Your Word to look up to the hill of Your Presence:

 

“The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness,

The world and those who dwell therein.

For He has founded it upon the seas,

And established it upon the waters.

Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord?

Or who may stand in His holy place?

He who has clean hands and a pure heart,

Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol,

Nor sworn deceitfully.

He shall receive blessing from the Lord,

And righteousness from the God of his salvation.

This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him,

Who seek Your face. Selah” (Psalm 24:1-6).

 

I seek Your face as I look up to Your hills this morning. Cleanse my hands and purify my heart. Let nothing but You be lifted up in my heart, as You are lifted up before me now and throughout the moments of my day. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you eyes be lifted up the hills of the Presence of the Lord, now and throughout the moments of your day, in Jesus' name, Amen. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!


Click Here to Listen to Today's Prayer:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/2375760


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

502 North Milam Street

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org


My Books on Inner Healing, Spiritual Freedom and Spiritual Intimacy with God are Available on Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


“Setting hearts free to be all they were created to be

—Free to Be Like Jesus—

secure in their identity, growing in maturity, fulfilling their destiny"

Photo of a Texas Hill Country Sunrise on the edge of Fredericksburg

Taken by our great friend, home group leader, and famous Texas sculptor, John Bennett

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


Every Tuesday Night

Teaching my 9 Month Equipping Course Free to Be Like Jesus! at Bridge Church Fredericksburg, Texas. 6:00PM Central Time

Zoom link available by request to my email.

Based on My Book, Free to Be Like Jesus:

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

October 2

New Wine Worship. Our Monthly Gathering for Worship, Praise in the Freedom and Depth of the Holy Spirit at our Messiah Ministries home base in Fredericksburg, Texas. All are welcome. 1st Wednesday of Every Month at 7pm.


October 3

Speaking at Boerne, Texas Aglow Lighthouse Meeting. All are Welcome.


October 11

Preaching Fire on the Mountain! Revival Fire Meeting at The Empty Cross of The Coming King Prayer Garden in Kerrville, Texas. 7:00PM All are Welcome! Spread the word!

This will be the culmination night of the 10 Days of Prayer for the 10 Days of Awe Movement in Kerrville and Boerne, Texas


October 17

Speaking at San Antonio Evening Aglow Meeting hosted at Friendship Church 7pm. All are welcome!


November 2

Family Celebration for my wife Rocio's 60th Birthday!


November 5-12

Ministry Trip to Cali, Colombia for Revival Meetings Again


November 22-24

Teaching a Healing Academy at FUMC McMinnville, Tennessee


December 7

Speaking at Kerrville Aglow Christmas Gathering


December 19

10th Wedding Anniversary for Tommy & Rocio Hays!


December 21

Wedding Celebration of Elijah & Ashleigh Hays in Maysville, Kentucky



Wednesday Mornings

Leading Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups of MorningStar Ministries from around the world by appointment.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment.

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 Sessions are without set cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free! 

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays