Tuesday, October 18, 2005

All I've Ever Needed 10-18-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As the worship song says, "You're all I want; You're all I've ever needed." I seek You and I need You this day and every day. ... "My child, be attentive to My words; incline your ear to My sayings. Do not let them escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh" (Proverbs 4:20-22). Thank You for Your words, Father. Thank You for the sound of Your voice and the peace of the presence of Your Spirit. They are life to the hopeless and healing to the weary. But there is confidence and power and assurance in the steadiness of Your words and the strength of Your voice. I've not felt well for a couple of days, but You have been here by my side. When I was weak, You were my strength. When I was wavering, You were steady. At times when I was too tired to get up or open my eyes, I could still hear the voice of Your Spirit singing in my heart, lifting my spirit to You. You sustained me as You sang through my spirit this simple song of trust: "Draw me close to You; never let me go. I lay it all down again, to hear You say that I'm Your friend. You are my desire, no one else will do. 'Cause nothing else could take You place, to feel the warmth of Your embrace. Help me find the way, bring me back to You. You're all I want; You're all I've ever needed. You're all I want; help me know You are near" (by Kelly Carpenter). Thank You for helping us know You are near. You never leave us and never forsake us. You are here with us, bringing us through every hard time, being everything we need. You are life to our spirit and healing to our flesh. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com