Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"Who am I?" 7-12-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lift me up into the heavenly places where I am seated in Christ with You at the right hand of our Father in Heaven (Ephesians 1:20 and 2:4-7). … "Then King David went in and sat before the Lord, and said, 'Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my house, that You have brought me thus far?" (1 Chronicles 17:16). To have the honor and the privilege to even come and sit before You is incredible. Then to know that You welcome me into Your presence and You even desire to hear my worship and praise and prayers is beyond comprehension. But even as I ask, like David, "Who am I?" it seems I hear You say, "You are My son. You are a child of God. I have brought you this far in the journey of your relationship of intimacy with Me, but I have so much further for you to go. Keep coming to and sitting before Me. Keep welcoming Me into the moments of Your day. This is the heritage of My children. This is the purpose for which I have created you. I am Love. And I have created you for a relationship of love with Me. You are greatly loved and You are always welcome in My presence." Thank You, Lord. You are my Father and I am Your son. I am a child of God. Keep drawing me nearer. Keep cleansing me of sin and shame and all that would try to hold me back from drawing near to You. Keep reminding me of who You say that I am. Keep reminding me of who You are and who You are to me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Tody, I will be joining the ministry team and teaching at the Aldersgate Annual Conference of the Holy Spirit in Springfield, Illinois the rest of the week: www.aldersgaterenewal.org Please keep us in your prayers and if you can, come join us! To subscribe/unsubscribe or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's and cd's for spiritual transformation, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com