Saturday, August 26, 2006

Blessed be Your Name 8-26-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. This song of praise has been in my spirit for days, "Blessed be the name of the Lord… Blessed be Your glorious name!" … "O how abundant is Your goodness that You have laid up for those who fear You, and accomplished for those who take refuge in You, in the sight of everyone! … Blessed be the Lord, for He has wondrously shown His steadfast love to me when I was beset as a city under siege" (Psalm 31:19-21). You are a good God. You love me and care for me as I find my refuge in You. You give me faith and courage to press in to the place of peace in You. Your part is to do it; my part is to choose it. I can't make it happen, but as I choose to rest in You and the abundant goodness of Your steadfast, unfailing love and power, You make it happen. I am not to sit back in passivity, allowing waves of worry to wash over me, but I am to rise and seek Your face and receive Your grace with thanksgiving and praise for Your power and Your provision for my every need. This is the character of faith and tenacity of spirit You are working in me through every challenge I face. This is the Sabbath rest You have prepared for the people of God. "Let us therefore make every effort to enter that rest" (Hebrews 4:11). Your part is to do it; my part is to choose it -- all by Your grace and all in Your power. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "... Ministering the Healing Love of God, ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794