Monday, May 28, 2007

Personal Pentecost 5-28-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let Your Word and Your Spirit fill my soul. Help me be quiet now, as I wait in the silence of surrender, watching for Your coming and waiting for Your leading. ... "When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. And suddenly from heaven there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. Divided tongues, as of fire, appeared among them, and a tongue rested on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages as the Spirit gave them ability" (Acts 2:1-4). Before catching my plane home from London yesterday, I slipped into the airport chapel for the ecumenical service of Holy Communion to celebrate Pentecost Sunday. The Anglican priest who led us chose this passage of Your Word to prepare our hearts for Communion. As the cup was passed among us, I began to realize that this promise was continually being fulfilled, as we came together in one place as one body from many different nations and languages. Though none of us knew one another, we all exchanged the blessing of the peace of Christ to one another and as one family of our One Father bound together by One Spirit, praying the Lord's Prayer and eating the Lord's Supper together. Since the Anglicans use real wine in their Communion, we even sensed in our bodies physically the fire of Your Holy Spirit burning in our hearts spiritually. And all last week at the International Alpha Conference, we came together in worship and prayer to learn from Your Word and be equipped for Your ministry with over a thousand delegates from over seventy nations of the world. Then at the end of the week, I was invited to join my friend Heather Butler from Wales to minister Your healing to women of different races and generations, but joined together in one heart by one Spirit. What a week of preparation for Pentecost! Lord, let Your wind blow, let Your fire fall -- in our hearts and in our lands throughout the earth. May we be the body of Christ, filled with the Holy Spirit of Christ, proclaiming Your Word and singing Your praise to display Your glory in every tribe and tongue and nation, and throughout every generation. Let us hunger and thirst for more of You, emptied of ourselves and filled with Your Spirit, as we seek and embrace our personal Pentecost of Your presence and power in our lives every day. May the glory of Your presence filling Your people cover the earth with Your glory as the waters cover the sea (Habakkuk 2:14). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for covering us in your prayers last week while I was away. I'm sorry I was not able to send out my devotional but I pray the Lord will impart to You all I received of Him (Romans 1:11). God bless you and thank you for joining with me in the journey of prayer! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com