Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Spirit-Possessed 5-2-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and welcome in Your Spirit. ... "But you are not in the flesh; you are in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him" (Romans 8:9). Just as unholy spirits seek to possess those who open themselves to what is unholy, Your Holy Spirit seeks to possess those who open themselves to the One who is holy. Holy Spirit of the Living God, You are the "Spirit of Christ," who comes to live in me, who comes to possess me. Just as unholy spirits seek to make us more like their nature as we give them permission and submit to their authority in our lives, You come to make me more like Your nature as I give You permission and submit to Your authority in my life. "But in your hearts, sanctify Christ as Lord" (1 Peter 3:15). Lord Jesus, as best as I can and all by Your grace, I sanctify You as Lord in my heart and every area of my life. I willingly welcome Your Spirit to come into me and consume me, to conform my nature to Your nature and my will to Your will. I am Spirit-possessed -- "bought with a price" by the blood of Christ (1 Corinthians 6:20). The Father and the Son are One and You come to abide in me by Your Holy Spirit (John 14:20). Come, Holy Spirit -- "Spirit of Christ" -- and make me more like Jesus each day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays For the National Day of Prayer this Thursday, May 3rd, I am thrilled to be leading the state-wide prayer gathering this year on the steps of the state capitol in Frankfort, Kentucky at noon. In Lexington our church will lead a time of prayer at the Prayer Tower at noon at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek, 859-269-2800. Please join the prayer gatherings in your area www.ndptf.org Friends, if you are in the Ashland, Kentucky area, I will be preaching messages of spiritual renewal at Advance United Methodist Church this Sunday through Wednesday, May 6-9. Come join us if you can and pray for us if you can't. Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com