Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Fear and Friendship of the Lord 5-19-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to take some time with You before giving my time to anything else this day. ... "Who are they that fear the Lord? He will teach them the way that they should choose. They will abide in prosperity, and their children shall possess the land. The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear Him, and He makes His covenant know to them" (Psalm 25:12-14). Godly fear is to put You first. It is to honor and respect You and Your above all else. You are God and You are Lord of every are of my life -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It is seeking to trust in Your wisdom, to walk in Your ways, and to depend upon Your grace. This is the humble heart and trusting faith that touches Your heart and moves Your hand. What loving father's heart is not moved to give all he has when the eyes of his children turn to him in tenderness and honor to say, "Daddy, I love you" or "Daddy, I need you." This is both the fatherhood and the friendship of the Lord. The fear of the Lord is not slavery but sonship, not the oppression of domination but the freedom of friendship. And this is the relationship I desire, with all my heart, to have with You, Daddy Abba, my Father God. "And because you are children, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba, Father!' So that you are no longer a slave but a child, and if a child then also an heir of God through Christ" (Galatians 4:6-7). Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I will be traveling with a team from my church to the International Alpha Conference for evangelism in London this week. I may not have easy access to send out my prayers but I would appreciate yours for our team and families. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com