Thursday, May 31, 2007

"Prepare the Way of the Lord" 5-31-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my hope and my strength. I choose to be desperately dependent and wholly submitted to You. ... "A voice cries out: 'In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain. Then the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all people shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken' " (Isaiah 40:3-5). Lord, why does it seem to be in the wilderness, in the desert places that we "prepare the way of the Lord?" It seems I hear You say, "In the wilderness, you know your need and admit you are lost without Me. In the desert, you know your thirst and admit you are dependent upon Me for the waters of life. The self-sufficiency of pride resists My grace, but the humility of desperate dependence upon Me opens wide your soul for the glory of My presence to come in." Yes, Lord. Thank You for the blessing of the wilderness times that cause me to seek You more intensely. Thank You for the blessings of the desert times that cause me to yearn and thirst for more of presence. Forgive me for the sin of pride and self-sufficiency, depending upon myself to any degree instead of being wholly and desperately dependent on You. Pull down the mountains of my pride and lift up the valleys of my discouragement. Set Your straight path before me and give me the wisdom and grace to walk in it with You. This is the path that prepares the way of the Lord. Give me the humility to hear and the courage to obey the voice of Your Spirit crying out to me, "This is the way, walk in it" (Isaiah 30:21). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com