Thursday, July 05, 2007

Freedom to Choose 7-5-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I open the doors of my soul to You. Possess me with Your Holy Spirit and conform me to Your nature. … "Gladden the soul of Your servant, for to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul" (Psalm 85:4). We have the freedom of choice. We can choose to lift up our souls to anything we desire. To open the doors of our heart and the gates of our mind to allow whatever we choose to come in and have room. In one way or another, in one degree or another, we make room for You or "make room for the devil" (Ephesians 4:27). What we willingly submit to gains the power to influence our nature and our choices. You intend this principle to be used to conform us to Your nature and the enemy of our souls intends to use this principle to conform us to his nature. But to every degree we submit ourselves to You, we are refusing to submit ourselves to him. "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you" (James 4:7-8). By Your grace, I willingly choose to lift up my soul to You alone. I open the doors of my heart and the gates of my mind "that the King of glory may come in" (Psalm 24:7). As I do, You stir up my spirit and gladden my soul, conforming my thoughts to Your thoughts, my desires to Your desires, and my will to Your will. As I behold You and worship You, You possess me in ever-increasing degrees of Your glory to conform me to the nature of Your image. "And all of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:18). Thank You, Lord -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- for possessing me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com