Tuesday, July 31, 2007

One Healed Among Many 7-31-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In trusting surrender, I commit this day to Your care. ... "Now in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate there is a pool, called in Hebrew Bethesda, which has five porticoes. In these lay many invalids -- blind, lame, and paralyzed. One man was there who had been ill for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had been a long time, He said to him, 'Do you want to be made well?' " (John 5:2-6). Lord, there were many who were broken and hurting by the pool of Bethesda that day. Why where Your eyes drawn to one man? Why did You choose to heal him, and apparently not any others at that time? Was it because he had been there a long time or had been there the longest? Was it because he wanted to be made well or wanted it more than the others? Your Spirit is bringing these Scriptures to mind: "Jesus said to them, 'Very truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing on His own, but only what He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, the Son does likewise' " (John 5:19). "Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own; but the Father who dwells in Me does His works" (v. 14:10). "He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for He gives the Spirit without measure. The Father loves the Son and has placed all things in His hands" (v. 3:34). As You walked this earth as Son of Man in human flesh and blood, You were in constant communion with the Father by the Spirit. As a humble, obedient Son, You spent time alone with the Father in prayer and came out of the place of prayer into the place of authority to do what You saw the Father doing and speak what You heard the Father speaking, all in the power of the Spirit without measure. "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power; how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him" (Acts 10:38). Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, help me live my life in constant communion with You. I want to see what You are doing and hear what You are saying. I want to come out of the place of prayer and into the place of authority to be Your vessel and instrument of Your healing in the lives of others by the power of Your Spirit anointing me and empowering me to do Your will in Your timing and Your way. Draw my eyes to those You want me to see today, and help me entrust all others to You. And send those who will allow You to draw their eyes to me today, to minister Your love and power in the ways I need. You know every hair on our heads and every hurt in our hearts. Help us trust You to heal and help us in the way and the time only You know best. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com