Friday, July 27, 2007

"Let Us Go Up to the Mountain" 7-27-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. On 7-27, I feel drawn to Psalm 27:7. And here I find Your call to prayer for me today. ... "Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud, be gracious to me and answer me! 'Come,' my heart says, 'Seek His face!' Your face, Lord, do I seek" (Psalm 27:7-8). ... As You hear me, I hear You. Your Holy Spirit is stirring in my human spirit a song of seeking and surrender in worship and prayer: My Messiah, My Savior, You’re my Everything. Mount Moriah, Mount Zion, I come to the mountain of my King. I seek You, I need You, I worship and sing. You hear me, You're near me, To Your arms I will cling. Yes, Lord. To Your arms I will cling, safe and secure, surrendered and serene in the arms of my King. You came to David on Mount Moriah, and there You called Solomon to build Your temple (2 Chronicles 3:1). On Mount Moriah, You called Abraham to offer himself and all he held dear in the trusting surrender of worship to You (Genesis 22:2). This is the holy mountain, consecrated and cleansed by acts of holy surrender and sacrifice of heart and soul in worship of You. This is site of Jerusalem, the City of Peace, the City of David, the City of God on this mountain of Zion (Psalm 76:2; 2 Samuel 5:7; Psalm 46:4). You are "the Lord of hosts, who dwells on Mount Zion" (Isaiah 8:18). This is the mountain of surrender, purchased and made holy by the blood of the Lamb at Calvary's hill, where You surrendered Your life for ours (Luke 23:33, KJV). Let this holy hill speak of our holy hearts surrendered to You in eternal worship in response to Your eternal sacrifice. "Glorious are You, more majestic than the everlasting mountains" (Psalm 76:4). "Many peoples shall come and say, 'Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the city of Jacob; that He may teach us His ways and that we may walk in His paths.' For out of Zion shall go forth instruction and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem" (Isaiah 2:3). "So you shall know that I, the Lord, your God, dwell in Zion, My holy mountain. And Jerusalem shall be holy...." (Joel 3:17). Messiah of Moriah, Savior of Zion, Christ of Calvary, my God and my King, I surrender my life as a living sacrifice in response to Your sacrifice of love for me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com