Friday, January 04, 2013


Morning by Morning, January 4 - God Said "Go"


Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords; be King and Lord of my life and every moment of my day. ...


"Now the Lord said to Abram, 'Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you' " (Genesis 12:1).


You're a God who speaks to Your people, a Father who speaks to His sons and daughters. You love us because You are Love, and part of the expression of Your relationship of love with us is Your communication with us. You help us hear Your voice, both in Your written word and Your spoken word (John 10:3).


Part of the great adventure of faith is learning to hear Your voice. And then when we believed we've heard it, we also learn to trust it and obey it. All the while, You are patient and kind to help us learn, help us trust, help us obey.


Abram heard Your voice and Abram obeyed. And though he made many mistakes along the way, You counted his heart of faith toward You and his passion to seek You as righteousness (Romans 4:3). His righteousness was not because of anything he did, but because of who You created him to be in relationship with You - a son of God, in the frailty and sinfulness of human flesh and blood, who was willing to learn to hear and follow the voice of God.


You told him to go. And he did. Not knowing all that would unfold before him in this land that You would show him, not knowing the heights of joy and the depths of pain he would encounter and endure. But it was only through obedience that he could receive the blessing of all You had planned to pour into his life and through his life into lives of generations to come (Genesis 12:2-3). And I believe that's Your heart for each one of us-"that the blessing of Abraham might come upon (us) through Jesus Christ, that we might believe the promise of the Spirit through faith" (Galatians 3:14).


That's what I desire, Lord. So help me hear and trust and obey. Give me grace to go when it's time to go, through every transition and into every new season. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, may you hear and trust and obey the voice of the Lord, through His written and spoken word. May you follow His leading into the fullness of all He has planned for you. We know it's going to be good (Jeremiah 29:11 and Romans 8:28). Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


I start the journey to Texas today. Nearly twenty years ago, I sensed the Lord leading me from being a lawyer in Texas to move to Kentucky for equpping and training as a minister. I had no idea of all I would experience along that road for that season of time. Now, I sense the Lord leading me back home to Texas for the next season. Because of deep friendships and lasting relationships knit together in Kentucky, and with great anticipation of what lies ahead in Texas, it's both a little sad and very exciting, as I begin another time of transition to rise and go. Please keep me and those in relationship with me in your prayers for this transition as we enter into this new season. God bless you and thank you for joining with me in the journey.



I will still be leading Messiah Ministries, but also joining in leadership as the Pastoral Director of Rapha God Ministries based in San Antonio, Texas, continuing my calling of equipping and ministry of inner healing -- healing from the inside out -- to see God's people set from from their past and awakened to their identity and destiny in Christ. I'll also continue to share these morning prayers, teach out 4 Day Schools in Kentucky and elsehere, travel to speak and minister as the Lord leads with the relationships we've established and the new ones to be formed, at home and abroad.


For a few months of transition, the Messiah Ministries mailing address in Lexington will remain the same, but I will be moving to my new office and the new base for ministry will be at: 4 Dominion Drive, Building 1; San Antonio, Texas 78257 www.RaphaGodMinistries.com


God bless you and thank you for your prayers and frienship!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502