Thursday, August 15, 2013

Morning by Morning, August 15 - Fire and Hammer of the Word of God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let Your Spirit fill my heart and Your Word feed my spirit.  ...

"Is not My word like fire, says the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?" (Jeremiah 23:29)

Lord, let Your word burn in me like fire. Consume me. Purify me. Burn out of me everything within me that is not yet like You.

Lord, let Your word break like a hammer every idol I've made with my own hands, built up in my own image, bowed before and worshipped with my time, my attention, or my resources that I've wrongfully allowed to have the place in my life that belongs only to You.

Lord, let Your word be my authority and my guide, the standard of my life. "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" (Psalm 119:105). Convict me when I stray; correct me when I'm wrong; remind me when I forget. Then bring my heart back into alignment with Your heart, so that I desire what is right and then do what is right because it truly seems right to me in agreement with You. Your word is always right and Your will is always the right thing to do. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray God's word will burn in your heart and break down your idols until you are consumed with a passion for Him and empowered to live your life for Him alone. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue