Friday, August 16, 2013


Morning by Morning, August 16 - Let the Dry Bones Live!

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lord God Almighty -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- You are One and You are holy, mysterious and mighty, faithful and true, full of mercy and love, worthy of all honor and praise. I worship You and entrust myself to You as Lord of my life and every moment of my day.  ...

"The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones.... And He said to me, 'Son of man, can these bones?" (Ezekiel 37:1-3, NKJ)

Lord, open my eyes to see the dry bones around me today. Let me see what is dead and lifeless, who is weary and discouraged, the ones whose lives seem scattered and strewn down in the midst of the valleys they were never about to get through.

You showed Ezekiel those bones. You wanted him to see the truth as it was -- dead, dry bones, down in a valley. You didn't want him to ignore them or give up on them. You didn't want him to merely accept them for what they were. You wanted him to see them both for what they were but also for what they were to become.

But instead of sending him on a mission to go gather them up, count them and organize them, try to fit them into some image of them he had formed in his own mind out of his own desires for them, You were teaching Ezekiel not to rely upon his power or plans for the transformation of those dry bones at all. Instead, You told him, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, here the word of the Lord!"

To prophesy is simply to hear and speak the word of the Lord. And as Ezekiel obeyed Your command with Your words in his mouth and Your compassion in his heart, the word of God went forth, carrying with it the breath of the very Spirit of God (v. 7-10). There was not only transformation, but resurrection into newness of life. Those dry bones became "an exceedingly great army" (v. 10). Then You promised to fill them with Your Spirit and establish them in the inheritance of their destiny for the glory of Your name (v. 14).

Lord, let me see with Your eyes what You want to transform and resurrect in my life and my world around me. Let me see what You're doing, hear what You're saying and speak it forth. Let me recognize the truth of things as they are, but also declare the truth of what they are to become. "Death and life are in the power of the tongue;" and You want our tongues and our words sanctified and submitted to Your will and Your ways, available for Your purposes to establish Your Kingdom by Your power through our lives on earth as it is in heaven (Proverbs 18:21).

Spirit of the Living God, fill my mouth with Your words so I can breathe life everywhere You send me today. Let me speak Your words of "edification and exhortation and comfort" into the valleys and the places of dry bones You want to transform into a different destiny today. Let that exceedingly great army of lovers of the Lord, filled with Spirit of the Lord, changed by the power of the Lord from the inside out rise up and fulfill her destiny. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Spirit of the Living God will fill you with His breath and His words to speak life everywhere He sends you today. May you see that army of the lovers of the Lord rise up around you! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue