Monday, August 19, 2013

Morning by Morning, August 19 - Know and Be Known

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my thoughts, my desires and my day. ...

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven. On that day many will say to Me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and cast out demons in Your name, and do many deeds of power in Your name?' Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; go away from Me, you evildoers' " (Matthew 7:21-23).

Father God, let me know Your will for my life today. Then let me do it. Let me hear what You're saying, see what You're doing, then follow the leading of Your Spirit in my heart to live out the kingdom of heaven throughout the moments of my day.

If I prophesy, let it be because I'm hearing the word of the Lord and sharing it by the leading of Your Spirit (1 Corinthians 14:3). If I cast out demons in the authority of the name of Jesus as a child of the living God, let it be because You are healing the brokenhearted and setting the captives free by the leading of Your Spirit (Mark 16:17). If I do many deeds of power in Your name, all by Your strength and all by Your grace, let it be because You are displaying Your kingdom and Your power and Your glory by the leading of Your Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:10).

Let me do all things by Your leading from the place of intimacy with You in my heart. Apart from You, I can do nothing; so never let me be apart from You (John 15:5).

Lord Jesus, I want to know You. And I want You to know me. I don't want to just have a religion; I want a relationship with God. I don't want to just have right doctrine in my head; I want to have a right heart. And I don't want to just escape from the fires of hell, I want to live out the fullness of the kingdom of heaven in my life every day, here on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will grow in ever-increasing intimacy with our God, knowing and doing the will of God by the leading of His Spirit in your heart every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue