Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Morning by Morning, February 18 - After God's Heart

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the hand and lead me by the heart throughout the moments of my day.  ...

"Then they asked for a king; and God gave them Saul son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, who reigned for forty years. When He had removed him, He made David their king. In His testimony about him He said, 'I found David, son of Jesse, to be a man after My heart, who will carry out all My wishes.' Of this man's posterity God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus, as He promised" (Acts 13:21-23).

You honor our decisions and follow through on our choices. Yet You seek those who seek You, who seek after Your heart to carry out Your wishes. You fulfill Your promises and display Your glory through the lives of those who surrender their hearts to You.

Somehow, in Your mercy and the sovereignty of Your grace, You'll use sinful human beings like David to accomplish Your purposes -- never condoning our sins, but also never crushing our spirit; never turning a blind eye to our failures, but also never cancelling our destiny. Despite the sin in his heart, David was always a man after Your heart. And that's the kind of heart You'll use to do great things through the great grace of a personal, passionate relationship with our great God.

Lord, I want to be a man after Your heart. As a Father who loves His son, You'll correct me when I'm wrong and encourage me when I'm weak. And as a son who loves His Father, I ask You to keep putting Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Make me more like You each day. I want to be one who seeks You with all my heart and lives my life out of a personal, passionate relationship with You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you be a person after God's heart, in passionate pursuit for the One you seek with all your heart. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Praying with you,
Tommy


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue