Monday, June 30, 2014

Morning by Morning, June 30  - Bethel--Our Hearts are God's House

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I worship You, Lord God, in spirit and truth, as I start my day focused on You.  ...

"God appeared to Jacob again when he came from Padan-aram, and He blessed him. God said to him, 'Your name is Jacob; no longer shall you be called Jacob, but Israel shall be your name.' ... Jacob set up a pillar in the place where He had spoken with him, a pillar of stone; and he poured out a drink offering on it, and poured oil on it. So Jacob called the place where God had spoken with him Bethel" (Genesis 35:9-15).

Bethel means house of God. Now that You have poured out Your Holy Spirit upon all Your sons and daughters of God, we are Your Bethel -- the place You dwell with our hearts as Your house. We are "a holy temple in the Lord, in whom (we) also are built together spiritually into a dwelling place for God" (Ephesians 2:21-22). "Do you not know that (we) are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in (us)?" (1 Corinthians 3:16)

So wherever I am, I can hear Your voice speaking to me. Wherever I am, I can sense Your Presence abiding within me. And wherever I am, You invite me to pour out my praise as a offering of my life and trust in You only as my pillar of strength, remembering every place and every moment where You've met with me and assured me that I am Your child and You are my God. You are my God who knows my name.

Even now, it seems I hear You say, "Tommy, My son. I am in you and you are in Me. Trust in Me to lead you today by your heart that you've entrusted to Me."

Yes, Lord. Abide in me as I abide in You (John 15:4). Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Remind me that Your Spirit is within me, guiding my path and ordering my steps, changing my heart into Your nature. Dwell in Your house, here in my heart, throughout the moments of my day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will remember throughout the moments of your day that your heart is God's house. May you hear His voice and sense His Presence wherever you  are. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, please come join us if you can for the National Conference of Aldersgate Renewal Ministries held in Springfield, Illinois this summer, July 17-20. I'm excited to be teaching Equipping Sessions on How to Pray for Inner Healing and How to Pray for Physical Healing. (www.aldersgate2014.org)  I hope you can come, it's always a time of great spiritual refreshing and renewal for me!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue