Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Morning by Morning, June 2 - Days of Sabbath Rest, Even from Spiritual Disciplines

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my Lord and Savior, my God and King, my Best Friend, my All in All. I worship You, Lord God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- and I welcome You into every moment of every day of my life.  ...

"Jesus said to them, 'The wedding guests cannot fast while the bridegroom is with them, can they? As long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast. The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast on that day' " (Mark 2:19-20).

I've come away for a couple of weeks from my daily routine -- if anyone can say I have a daily routine -- of life and ministry for some time apart with my family at my mother's house in the mountains of New Mexico. And though my daily life is normally filled different forms of spiritual discipline, along with my spiritual occupation, intermingled with my personal spiritual life, I'm not really planning on being so spiritually disciplined while I'm away with my family.

In fact, as they say, sometimes the most spiritual thing you can do is to lay down and take a nap. The Bible calls this the spiritual discipline of "rest" (Hebrews 4:1). "So then, a sabbath rest still remains for the people of God; for those who enter God's rest cease from their labors as God did from His. Let us therefore make every effort to enter that rest..." (v. 4:9-11).

So if it's ok with You, Lord, I would like to practice a lot of that spiritual disciple of sabbath rest for about two weeks. Maybe You can even teach me and empower me to hold on to my spirit of sabbath rest even when I return to the daily routine of my everyday life. But for now, as best as I can and all by Your grace, I entrust myself to Your sabbath rest. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray for seasons and rhythms of sabbath rest for you. May you be refreshed and renewed as you rest in the Presence of God. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, I doubt that I'll be getting up early to write and send out my morning devotional while I'm away. Please forgive me. Here are some pics of my family:

 
 
 
The Lord has blessed me with an awesome family and some time to enjoy them! God bless you as you enjoy yours and rest in Him!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257



Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue