Friday, June 20, 2014

Morning by Morning, June 20 -- "Like His Son"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You today.  ...

"For God knew His people in advance, and He chose them to become like His Son, so that His Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And having chosen them, He called them to come to Him. And having called them, He gave them right standing with Himself. And having given them right standing, He gave them His glory" (Romans 8:29-30, NLT).

Before I was, You were. And You've always known You would create me and call me and cleanse me and crown me with the glory of a son of God. You've always known every choice I'd ever make, every struggle I'd ever have, every sin I'd ever commit, and every cry of repentance I'd ever lift up to You from the depth of my heart to give my heart completely to You.

By the power and the mystery of the grace of God, I'm forgiven and I'm loved and I'm in right standing with You -- standing with You because You've lifted me up from my knees and lifted me out of my pits and embraced me firmly and forever in Your arms. How could I help but embrace such a gift of Your grace? How could I dare begrudge that same gift of grace to the many brothers and sisters You love and forgive and embrace just as much as me. I love You, Lord. And I thank You for first loving me and desiring to me make more like You every day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you know in the depths of your heart you are a child of God, crowned in His glory and deeply loved by the One who conforms you into the image of the Son of God. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue