Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Morning by Morning, May 6 - Hear our Prayer, Forgive our Sin, Heal our Land

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I open my heart call on Your name to start my day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ...

"But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Even heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain You, much less this house that I have built! Regard Your servant's prayer and his plea, O Lord my God, heeding the cry and the prayer that your servant prays to You today; that Your eyes may be open night and day toward this house, the place of which You said, 'My name shall be there,' that You may heed the prayer that your servant prays toward this place; O hear in heaven Your dwelling place; heed and forgive" (1 Kings 8:27-30).

This Scripture was chosen as the theme for the National Day of Prayer in America this year. They're the words of Solomon, the son of David and King of Israel, crying out to You as he "spread out his hands to heaven" in the dedication of the first temple in Jerusalem (v. 8:22). And in the same spirit, may they be the words of our heart as a nation turning to You to humble our hearts and seek Your face to embrace Your forgiveness and welcome Your Presence in our land and in the temples of our hearts.

Your Word reminds of Your promises and Your principles for national awakening and spiritual revival:  "If My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray, seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place. For now I have chosen and consecrated this house so that My name may be there forever; My eyes and My heart will be there for all time" (2 Chronicles 7:14-16).

Across this land, I join with those who are called by Your name. We humble ourselves and pray; we seek Your face; we turn from our wicked ways in repentance on behalf of ourselves and on behalf of our nation. We ask You to hear. We ask You to forgive. We ask You to heal our land. Come dwell again and forever in the temple of our hearts and in the heart of our nation. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May the Lord our God hear our prayer, forgive our sin, and heal our land as we cry out to Him in prayer on the National Day of Prayer across our nation tomorrow, May 7, 2015. And may you experience an awakening and revival in your heart and in the hear of our nation, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

 

 
Friends, I'll be sharing a word on healing and hope with Max Lucado at the First Wednesday Service at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge Campus in San Antonio at 7 pm tonight. Please join us if you're near us in San Antonio, Texas. Our Rapha God Ministries Prayer Team will be joining the Oak Hills Church Prayer Team to offer personal prayer ministry after the worship and message in English and Spanish. All are welcome!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!