Monday, May 11, 2015

Morning by Morning, May 11 - "The Friendship of the Lord"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I humble myself to willingly choose to be desperately dependent on You today.  ...

"Good and upright is the Lord; therefore He instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble His way. All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep His covenant and His decrees. For Your name's sake, O Lord, pardon my guilt, for it is great. Who are they that fear the Lord? He will teach them the way that they should choose. They will abide in prosperity, and their children shall possess the land. The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear Him, and He makes His covenant known to them" (Psalm 25:8-14).

I want to be Your follower and Your friend. I want to humble myself in Your sight so You can lift me up into Your presence. I want to admit my sins and failures, my struggles and weaknesses, so You can forgive me and empower me to overcome them. I want You to lead me so I won't get lost or get left out of all You have in Your heart for my life.

You are loving and faithful; You are gracious and forgiving. And You want Your best for me. So I bow down before You and lift up my heart toward You. "My eyes are ever toward (You) ... Turn to me and be gracious to me" -- just as You always have and just as I know You always will (v. 15-16). In the fear of the Lord on my journey of faith, You're my Lord and Savior; but You're also my Father and Friend (John 15:15). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you know the friendship of the Lord on your journey of faith, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!