Thursday, May 14, 2015

Morning by Morning, May 14 - Embrace the Spirit of Truth

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Way and the Truth and the Life (John 14:6). Lead me in Your way, teach me Your truth, fill me with Your life today.  ...

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, to be with you forever. This is the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. You know Him because He abides with you, and He will be in you" (John 14:15-17).

Spirit of Truth, Spirit of the One who is the Truth, set me free from deception and confusion, from complacency and compromise. Re-sensitize my spirit and my discernment of conscience to Your conviction of what is true and what is false, what is right and what is wrong, what is holy and what is profane, what is good and what is evil.

Your Word says "the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:16). Your Word warns us of times of deception and confusion, in our hearts and in our land:  "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight... Because they rejected the law of the Lord of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel" (Isaiah 5:20-24 NKJV).

And at the same time, Your Word also always calls us and empowers us to repent, in our hearts and in our land (Isaiah 1:27). "For thus says the high and lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:  I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with those who are contrite and humble in spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite.... I have seen their ways, but I will heal them; I will lead them and repay them with comfort ... Peace, peace, to the far and the near, says the Lord; and I will heal them. But the wicked are like the tossing sea that cannot keep still; its waters toss up mire and mud. There is no peace, says my God, for the wicked" (Isaiah 57:15-21).

Come, Holy Spirit. Come fulfill the promise of Jesus from the heart of the Father:  "When the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own, but will speak whatever He hears, and He will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify Me, because He will take what is Mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is Mine. For this reason I said that He will take what is Mine and declare it to you... I have said this to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you face persecution. But take courage; I have conquered the world!" (John 16:13-33)  

Father God, You know what is best for us. You have created us and Your world based upon Your truth. Help us humble ourselves to hear and trust and obey. Empower us to desire Your ways and Your will revealed by Your truth (John 8:38). Help us embrace Your Spirit of Truth.

Lord Jesus, with Your Spirit of our Father abiding in us, "(we) will know the truth, and the truth will make (us) free" (John 8:3). "So if the Son makes (us) free, (we) will be free indeed" (John 8:36). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you embrace the Spirit of Truth, hearing and trusting and obeying the Lord our God by His Holy Spirit abiding always in your heart and in the heart of our land. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!